You are here: Home | Information and Support | Disputes, complaints and disagreements

Disputes, complaints and disagreements

Disputes, complaints and disagreements

We all want to achieve the best outcomes for children and young people with special educational needs or a disability. We want to take the lead from each parent and young person about how and what support is provided. We will 'go the extra mile' to work with you, and get the best for you or your child.

However, sometimes things may not go as you wish. If you want to raise an issue of concern here's what to do:

  • If you are unhappy with decisions made about the local authority's assessment or plan, please talk to the SEND Assessment Service Manager on 01709 822660.
  • Where you have a concern about the provision made by an education, health or care provider, first discuss this with the manager who is responsible for special educational needs.

You can ask for support in raising issues of concern from Rotherham Parents Forum or Rotherham SENDIASS (Special Educational Needs and Disability Information, Advice and Support Service).

SENDIASS and the Education, Health & Care Assessment Team (EHCAT) will also be able to provide you with details of accessing Special Education Needs and Disabilities Independent Supporters.